- Full accounting for a group of UK based companies using Quickbooks, Zahara or Xero.
- Providing accurate financial data monthly.
- Ensuring supplier and customer invoices are accurate and credit terms are maintained.
- Reporting to the CFO on a regular basis on anomalies and identifying methods of rectifying them.
- Processing payments for all companies based on supporting information and authorization by Treasury.
- Ensuring cash spend is monitored according to budget and available cash flow.
- Ensuring Bank statements are accurate and are reconciled daily.
- Ensuring financial compliance with tax and other legislation.
- Ensuring loan accounts and supplier/customer accounts tie back to the trial balance.
- Preparation, maintenance and monitoring of general accounts.
- Payroll, accruals, prepaid journal processing
- Assistance with Audit queries
- Corporate Governance General Administration & Ad Hoc Tasks
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Diploma in Accounting
- B.com Accounting (Advantageous)
Minimum Experience & Knowledge Required
- 5 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Good understanding of basic financial management principles
- Good understanding of tax legislation
- Good understanding of change management principles
- Experience with Quickbooks, Zahara or Xero (Advantageous)
Skills & Attributes
- Good business acumen
- Oral and written communication skills
- High EQ
- Approachable and people orientated
- Trustworthiness and maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly ethical and principle-driven
- Accountability and the ability to hold others accountable
- Positive and results driven attitude
- Innovative and forward-thinking outlook
- Energy, drive, courage and tenacity
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, committed and dedicated