Open Books is seeking a Senior Payroll Administrator to join their team.
- Capture all leave records on time and attendance system and ensure that this agrees up to software records
- Process all wages related input on payroll system by analysing, preparing, and inputting payroll data. E.g. capture sick notes, leave forms, manual overtime adjustments, increases, banking details etc.
- Advise departments to submit all supporting absenteeism documentation in accordance with deadlines
- Assist with set-up and implementation of time and attendance systems
- Check all overtime, allowances, leave, and performance bonus, subsistence allowance, shift allowance, reimburse travel approved by managers and input on payroll
- Extract relevant reporting from payroll and ensure a balanced payroll
- Prepare payroll pack for auditing purposes
- Prepare and submit EFT’s and requisitions for final authorization and approval
- Help and assist employees with day to day queries regarding payroll (leave, wages, etc.)
- Process employee termination and documentation such as UI-19, salary schedule, maternity UIF documentation etc.
- Monthly absenteeism data to be prepared and confirmed
- Managing all payroll reports, timesheets, individual attendance, and other related documentation
- Prepare weekly overtime reports in accordance with the collective agreement overtime allowance and/or exemption as advised by the Payroll Manager
- Issue IRP5 certificates to all permanent and temporary staff as assigned
- Assist with BBBEE management and reporting
- Administer all COID and Incident/Fatality reporting.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Energetic and positive attitude
Qualifications and experience:
- At Least 3 – 5 years’ experience in Payroll and Tax environment.
- Experience in UK Payroll and UK Payroll TAX highly advantageous.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification E.g. Diploma in Payroll Administration (Ideal).
- SAGE50 and/or Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional Software payroll experience.
- Microsoft excel at least intermediate level
- Own car and an existing and dedicated 10MB uncapped Fibre or ADSL Line